Wednesday, January 24, 2007

how lucky I am

Today is the anniversary of the day me and my spousal unit got legally connected, contractually bound. When we were talking about the occasion the other day, I told her that I can hardly remember what it was like before I met her...all I can remember are long nights curled up naked, in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, and letting out slow wails of depression.

Okay, I exaggerate. There was also drinking involved.

So, what did my lovely wife want to do to celebrate this special day? We're going to eat barbecue and see a Ben Stiller film.

This is not just an isolated incident. For Valentine's Day, I made us reservations for the White Castle Valentine's Day candle-light dinner. Now, it would be one thing if my wife humored me in my love for kitsch. But she is actually quite thrilled at the prospect...she did her happy dance.

I told my friend Bob about this, and he said "it looks like you two have a lovely, laid-back life together." I couldn't agree more.

Life is wonderful when you're with the perfect person.

No comments: