Monday, February 28, 2011

my random 83rd Oscar observations.


  • King's Speech is a good and worthy film, but I really wish True Grit would've gotten some love.
  • Whomever the male host was, he acted and looked stoned out of his mind...until, halfway through, it looked like someone had given him amphetamines.
  • I really enjoy watching the Oscars. I don't care about the telecast in the slightest, really...but it's a wonderful excuse to have friends over, eat good food, and have a great time.
  • The thing that bugs me most about the Oscars is the self-important "why does anyone watch this?" whining I hear online. I hear the same thing about the Super Bowl...which also bugs me. Hey, it's not a point of honor to not like something. It's not even a good conversational starter.
  • I really, really, really hated the attempts to make the Oscars look hip...all of which boiled down to "oh, did you know there's such a thing as Twitter?"
  • Do we really need to hear all the original songs? If you're gonna force us, then you should also, for the "best score" award, play every single second of every score.
  • I really do not like how the presenters of each of the best acting awards directly address the nominees...it seems creepy and voyeuristic.
  • If I was one of a few people to win an award, and if my co-winner hogged the mic the entire time, I would punch them somewhere very painful.
  • If I was a winner of one of the minor awards and was only given 23 seconds for my speech, I would find the actor who was allowed to ramble for five whole minutes and punch them somewhere very painful.
  • How depressing must it be to have to play the "we're glad you won, but shut up, so we can bring on someone else" music?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, new to the site, thanks.