Sunday, April 14, 2013

on connectivity

There are some scientists and philosophers who believe that, at the quantum level, everything and everyone is connected to some degree.  In this world-view, every action affects everything else in the world.  We are all part of one super organism, and thus, at some level, we are all one.  If you've ever heard of the Gaea Hypothesis (that we need to think of our planet as one massive, connected ecosystem), then this view shouldn't be unfamiliar.

I don't know if this is true or not.  I know that on some level, I'd like to believe it...it would lead to some justification for being a good person. Cosmic justice based on sound science rather than hierarchy-obsessed moral indoctrination would be nice.

However, if this is true, we have to talk.  This means that yesterday, you all were a collection of miserable bastards.  I should know, because I had a day full of depression bouts and life kicking me in the face.

In short, y'all need to straighten up.  You didn't think about how your moods would affect me, did you?  Selfish jerks....

No comments: