Tuesday, February 10, 2015

developments

  1. A while back, I talked about TheMikeDuBose luck. In that post, I said, "So, I figure I have about two more weeks before I get sick or pull a muscle or something." As it turns out, I now have a pulled back muscle. While I am glad it is not something worse (it didn't feel like a pulled muscle, but I do have doctor verification), it still does illustrate the luck holds as always. Luckily, though, I have a full drug cabinet thanks to the various surgeries of the last year.
  2. In a vegetarian recap, I mentioned that "I've had to move up two belt sizes...so I'm clearly shrinking. Strangely enough, though, the scale still says I'm as gargantuan as always." Yesterday, immediately before going to the doctor for the aforementioned pulled muscle diagnosis, I weighed myself. When they weighed me at the doctor's office, I had gained 6 pounds...in the course of an hour and a half...without eating. I can only imagine my boots are heavier than I realize.
  3. In writers write, I expressed questions as to how easy it would be to get back into the swing of writing. I didn't get much done that night except for a thematic structure to one song's lyrics. Since then, I have begun to again explode with ideas. Of course, I wasn't actually able to write last week. Here's hoping I don't have to miss this week's session. I'm particularly curious, as I've been listening to nothing but old school r&b for the last two weeks, and I'm really looking forward to finding out how that's going to affect the songs.

No comments: