Monday, July 11, 2005

web stuff

First, while I don't want to turn this into a blog about bloggers (for those of you who love big words, that would be a metablog), I do want to throw one more at you. I got an e-mail from an ex-student today. It was nice. Apparently, he doesn't want to kill me, which is always a shock. Anyway, him and his girlfriend have a blog called Egg's Nestwhich has the best entry titles I've ever seen.

Second, on the above blog, there's a link to a great, funny site, Overheard in New York.

Thirdly, sci-fi/cyberpunk author William Gibson (of Neuromancer fame) has written a good article called "God's Little Toys: Confessions of a Cut and Paste Artist," which draws the comparison between William S. Burroughs, hip hop and sampling, intertextuality, and the interconnectivity and hyperlinking of computer work.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eric said...

Whoops. Thanks for the shout out. All of my title entries are lyrics from whatever song I'm listening to at the time.