Monday, May 08, 2006

it's a nice day to start again

This weekend, I went to a wedding with my wife...it was for one of her college friends. Two things of note:


  1. During the actual wedding, the couple had a guitarist and flutist play any music, which was refreshing. After the recessional, when the bride and groom came back in the chapel to shake everyone's hand as they left, the musicians were playing something that stuck in my head...but I couldn't immediately place it. After a few minutes, it struck me...they were playing Neil Young's "Natural Anthem" off Ragged Glory...which impressed me to no end.
  2. I met one of Lori's friend's husband-to-be, a nice guy named Mark, who, during the reception, said "Actually, I don't mind "Cococabana"...the original."

Don't they both just bring a tear to your eye?

No comments: