Friday, January 25, 2008

work update for the week ending 1/25/08

In terms of fiction, I have finished a short story...it's an interesting dialog with a man and wife, where the wife is discussing the pros and cons of marrying a ninja. I'm gonna sit and let it percolate for a few days, but I think it's good. Also started the novel and one other short story.

Scholarship: I have been contacted by an editor of a contracted anthology, and he has convinced me to write a chapter for him on Captain America prose novels. I have the source material, and I've finished one book, almost done with another. I think it will be an interesting article. I do, however, worry about being typecast as the comic guy...I guess I have to work out another way of selling this.

Also, I have been invited to speak at a graduate student conference's roundtable of life after graduation. Long time readers of this blog know I have a lot to say on the matter.

There's no real motion on the rest of the scholarship, although I still hope to get a section of the NO paper done this weekend.

Teaching: Kind of a weird week for this. With the holiday on Monday and my cold, I didn't conduct a class this week. The main thing I spend my time on is sorting through the 1,285,377 students who want to either drop or add.

(Incidentally, this will hopefully become a regular feature. I'm not sure how interesting it is, but if I hold myself accountable, I should hopefully get more work done.)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

the drama of add/drops. I hear ya.