Monday, July 14, 2008

summer writing update

So far this year, I've produced 75 pages of finished scholarship, which alone makes this one of my best years in terms of production. That includes three articles (one already accepted) and two book reviews (one published, one forthcoming). When you consider that I teach what's essentially a 5/4 (really a 4/4. but I'm responsible for 16 credit hours in the fall), this pretty much rocks.

I should be ecstatic, but instead, I'm stuck in "nose to the grindstone" mode. Why? I still have a book manuscript that I need to get done (get this) by the end of summer if possible...that's in a little over five weeks.

And strangely enough, I think I can actually pull this off. Have I finally hit my stride as an academic? Will this help me finally get the crankin' tenure-track job? Or am I completely delusional?

Bets on the last one.

No comments: