Friday, July 07, 2017

on my inability to fool anyone

Hi. remember me? I've been buried in the album (it has to go to the printer by the end of the month), but I have a story that must be told in spite of the damage it will do to my ego.

Me and my daughter we're driving to the grocery store when we saw a bus from her old daycare. We started to speculate on where they might be going. My kid shot down my suggestion they might be going to the pumpkin patch for jack-o'-lanterns or to the Christmas tree farm. I then suggested they might be traveling to Toledo to see a statue of me.

"I don't think so, daddy," she replied without a second of thought. "I really doubt anyone knows who you are."

Ouch. At the very least, I'm pretty sure she will not really ever let people take advantage of her.

No comments: