Thursday, April 16, 2015

and now, to balance the doom, a moment of cuteness

My daughter and I have an interesting dynamic. When my wife is home, my kid likes to play hard to get with me. She'll duck out of the way when I try to hug her. Lately, if I do kiss her, she'll tell me she took the kiss and threw it out the window (or something even sillier). It's a fun game we play, all the more contrasted that, when it's just the two of us, we'll often "play a game of hug & a kiss."

Yesterday, when she woke up, she came into my room to snuggle. After a few minutes, she turned to me and said, "Daddy, when we play hug & kiss in my bedroom, I put your kisses in my heart." Of course, I started to liquify. But then she clarified: "My heart is in my back. That's because I'm a unicorn." I started to laugh, and then she looked at me, adopted the look of a sage, and informed me that "girls are unicorns, and boys are trucks."

Where trucks keep their heart, however, is still a mystery.

No comments: